Sponsored by The Neglected Global Diseases Initiative at the University of British Columbia
Deadline for all applicants: August 10, 2013 Deadline Extended
AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition to be held in San Antonio, November 10–14.
- Two travelships for graduate/undergraduate students presenting papers pertaining to Pharmaceuticals in Global Health.
- The award consists of: $500 for all students.
Recipients will be selected from all applicants that meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student.
- Member of AAPS since March 2013 or earlier.
- First author of an accepted abstract pertaining to Pharmaceuticals in Global Health.
- Have the paper accepted by one of the nine AAPS sections for presentation at the 2013 AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition to be held in San Antonio (November 10–14) where the student will be presenting.
- Have no other means of supplemental support to attend the meeting. There will be no way to prove the applicant has supplemental support to attend the meeting; therefore, this sentence will be based on no other awards or travelships received from AAPS.
- Be present at the Pharmaceuticals in Global Health focus group annual business meeting (date to be announced) in San Antonio to receive the award.
Applicants whose submitted papers are not accepted by the Paper Screening Committee will be removed from the eligible pool before the award selections are made. An award subcommittee assigned by Pharmaceuticals for Global Health focus group chair will perform the selection as follows:
- Preselection of abstracts already accepted by the AAPS screening committees for relevance to Pharmaceuticals in Global Health.
- Make final selection from the short list.
- Only papers pertaining to global health will be considered.
How to Apply
An online travelship application form must be submitted to AAPS.
The reimbursement will be issued to the selected individuals following the AAPS Annual Meeting and Exposition upon receipt of documented meeting expenses (e.g., copy of airline ticket, hotel and meal receipts, etc.).